Jamul, California — Green Home For Sale
Dramatic, yet Rustic, this forward-thinking green home with panoramic views in a private country setting, just 20 minutes to downtown San Diego is sure to impress. Almost off the grid, a magical setting for your next home or mountain retreat.
Listing ID: 20190
- Energy Efficient Home
- Green Home
- Healthy Home
- Natural Home
- Sustainable Home
- Straw bale
- Photovoltaic (PV)
- Solar - Photovoltaic
|Asking Price (USD)||$999,000|
|Annual Property Tax||$10,000|
|Annual Utility Cost||$1,500|
|Home Area||3,460 sq ft|
|Total Property Area||1.4 acres|
Recognized with multiple awards & in multiple publications & tours, the spiritual, artistic and practical center of this home is a 15 ft tall boulder surrounded by Koi pond moat. The central living area is completely open. It has 15 ft raised ceilings & abundant natural light streaming in through antique reclaimed wooden french doors. FSC Certified Wood floors & custom tile work throughout the interior and exterior. Newer metal roof. Private & tranquil location with 1.42 acres on top of the hill adjacent to a wildlife sanctuary preventing further development. Beautiful Pool, hot tub & patio area has panoramic views all the way to the Ocean! Eclectic & Dramatic, this home is perfect for eco-friendly entertaining and could make for an excellent retreat home for artists, healing arts professionals, yoga practicioners, or corporations. View more pictures and virtual tour @ www.73degrees.com
What makes your home a Green or Healthy Home?
1. Hot Water Solar Panel system (save energy/$$)
2. PV Electric Solar System (save energy/$$)
3. Straw Bale (and steel frame) construction (save energy/$$, fire/mold resistant, local sustainable materials)
4. Boulder in middle of home acts as natural energy regulator absorbing heat during the day and releasing heat in the evening. Central Tower above folder and over-sized fan draws air up and out in summer months and recirculates warm air down in winter months (save energy/$$).
5. Pond around Boulder regulates temperature and humidity (save energy/$$, live comfortably)
6. Site plan designed to take advantage of local wind patterns (save energy/$$, fresh air)
7. Natural Plaster walls (Adobe & American Clay) – no paint, non-toxic (healthy/clean air, moisture regulation)
8. Water Well (save energy/$$/water)
9. Drought tolerant xeriscaping (save energy/$$/water)
10. Fireplace in main living area provides heat (save energy/$$)
Northwest Jamul is city close, but just on the outskirts of true rural country living. This particular neighborhood is dominated by larger custom view homes on acreage. Steele Canyon High School gets top marks. Just down the hill is Steele Canyon golf course and shopping.
Jamul itself is a rural mountainous area. This home is in the northwest area of Jamul and is a 4-minute drive to the shopping at Rancho San Diego and about 10-15 minutes from the larger city centers of La Mesa and El Cajon. You can be in downtown San Diego in 20-30 minutes.
The Jamul-Dulzura Union School District was formed in 1949 and encompasses 163 square miles of semi-rural rolling hills in eastern San Diego county. Our district serves approximately 700 students in our three traditional schools. High-ranked Steele Canyon Charter High School is also an option.
San Diego's weather is often rated best in the USA and is also often ranked America's most fit city, too. Known for it's beaches and relaxed lifestyle, San Diego also has an expanding downtown area full of cultural activities and things to do.
Home Type or Land
Single Family - Single Level
Location of Home or Land
Elevation of Home
|Agriculture in Area||Yes|
|Industry in Area||No|
|Air Pollution in Area||No|
|Cleaned with Green Products||Yes|
Solar - Passive
Whole House Fan
|Whole House Filtration||
|Whole House Vacuum||No|
Energy & Water
Solar - Photovoltaic
Wood - Solid
Wood Dual Glazed
Garage / Car Port
|Garage / Carport||No|