Snowflake, Arizona — Green Home For Sale
This custom home was designed and built for an individual with extreme Environmental Illness, Multiple Chemical Sensitivities (MCS) and Electromagnetic Hypersensitivities (EHS), and Sound & Light Sensitivities.
Listing ID: 20203
- Green Home
- Healthy Home
- Natural Home
|Asking Price (USD)||$275,000|
|Annual Property Tax||$623|
|Annual Utility Cost||$1,200|
|Home Area||1,230 sq ft|
|Total Property Area||20 acres|
Located in Snowflake, Arizona, this custom home was designed and built for an individual with extreme Environmental Illness, Multiple Chemical Sensitivities (MCS) and Electromagnetic Hypersensitivities (EHS), and Light & Sound Sensitivities.
Construction was completed in March 2014, however there has been no full time occupancy by the owner or anyone else. There are three buildings constructed on this 20 acre, rural property that is situated on the “EI strip” in East Snowflake, AZ - one of the oldest and most established EI communities in the country.
These buildings have not been contaminated by any toxic substance. There have been no full time occupants, no pets, no pesticide use, no water damage, no mold, no smoke, no use of toxic cleaners, almost 100% no-voc building materials used and no smart meter on the property. Buildings are completely off gassed from construction process.
There are three buildings and four living areas on the property with many life supporting EI features. Total living space on the property is 1,230 sf.
What makes your home a Green or Healthy Home?
All buildings were constructed with EI safe building materials from the ground up. Project development and building consultancy provided by local EI home building experts and vendors. All construction was permitted and overseen by the Navajo County Building Department.
The construction process and materials make this house completely safe for environmentally ill individuals.
This materials and features include:
- No chemical additives in concrete slab
- Exterior walls and roof constructed of Metal Sales Pro-panel II which serves as a radio frequency barrier
- Formaldehyde free plywood under metal roof
- Formaldehyde free insulation
- Double thickness walls and insulation on south and west walls - 2"x4" and 2"x6" - for extra heat /cold insulation.
- Low-E Aluminum windows. Lots of windows. Smaller windows on west and south facing sides for sun sensitive individuals.
- No pressure treated wood used in construction
- MCS-safe Murco 100 joint compound
- Metal exterior doors, French Door, Glass/Wood Frame bathroom door painted w/non-toxic Milk Paint. All doors are 3 feet wide for wheel chair access.
- Higher than average 9 foot ceiling height
- Foil-lined walls and ceilings applied with non-toxic Golden Harvest Universal Wheat Paste
- Aluminum foil tape used to seal Aluminum "wall paper"
- Tile floor - home made, non-chemical MCS safe thinset and grout used
- Tiled walls in bathroom - non-chemical, MCS safe thinset and grout used
- Hardwood trim - poplar
- Limited paint used - Evirosafe paint made by people with MCS for people with MCS and mcs-safe Milkpaint. AFM SafeCoat Sealer.
- No forced-air cooling system
- Option to add in-window air conditioner
- Radiant Floor Heating System
- Wired for phone, internet and TV with main disconnect 400 feet away in out building if electronics are not tolerated.
- Currently 60 Hertz AC electricity is in use, however, 10 gauge electrical wires (twisted pairs) were installed throughout to easily convert the house to a 12 volt DC solar system for more electrically sensitive person.
- Main shut off breaker on Kitchen building cuts off electrical into main house for a NO-EMF living/sleeping environment.
- Low noise living environment. No EMF, noise or vibration from refrigerator or water heaters as they are in a separate building.
- Metal Blinds
- Corian Kitchen Island Countertop
- Metal Kitchen Cabinets
- Metal Franke Kitchen Sink
- R/O System at kitchen island sink
- Mechanical (non-digital) Thermostat
?- Emergency Exterior Strobe Light with Siren
- Option to set up Kitchen/Appliances in Main House
Home Type or Land
Single Family - Single Level
Location of Home or Land
Elevation of Home
|Agriculture in Area||No|
|Industry in Area||No|
|Air Pollution in Area||No|
|Cleaned with Green Products||Yes|
Hydronic Floor Heat (radiant)
Solar - Passive
|Whole House Filtration||
|Whole House Vacuum||No|
Energy & Water
Metal Dual Glazed
Garage / Car Port
|Garage / Carport||No|