A green and healthy home is designed, built, and maintained to support health. A Healthy Home is a coordinated, comprehensive, and holistic approach to preventing diseases and injuries that result from housing-related hazards and deficiencies.
A healthy home has good indoor air quality and drinking water. In the early days lead poisoning was a big issue and it still is in older homes.
Indoor air quality, Drinking water, Lead, Carbon monoxide, Mold and related issues and Radon are some of the healthy home issues.
Here are additional sources of healthy home issues:
- Carbon Monoxide Materials – English
- Cockroach Materials – English – Spanish
- Drinking Water Materials – English
- Mold and Moisture Materials – English – Spanish
- Radon Materials – English