Green Homes For Sale (GHFS) presents articles of interest to sellers and buyers of green homes.
- Green remodeling can help grow your wallet - Owners of green homes said in a survey that 85 percent of the time they were happier with their new green home, due in part to the lower operating and maintenance costs that come with energy- and resource-efficient homes. But for the 120 million existing homes in the United States, remodeling is the only way [...]
- How to make your carbon footprint smaller at home – and save a bundle - Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past decade, you’ll have heard the phrase ‘carbon footprint’ bandied around a lot by politicians, councils, and even your family and friends. What exactly does this mean though and, perhaps more importantly, why should you care about it? Carbon footprint explained Simply put, a carbon footprint [...]
- Studies find green labels increase value of California homes - Green home improvements can increase a property’s real estate value by an average of 9 percent, finds a California-based study released recently. Researchers from the University of California, Berkeley and the University of California, Los Angeles examined data on 1.6 million single-family homes sold between 2007 and 2012 in the California residential marketplace for an [...]
- How Do You Buy an Eco-Friendly House? - “Green” homes aren’t plentiful and materials aren’t cheap. Here’s what to consider before you search. With Earth Day approaching, the media will soon be singing the praises of people living off the grid with solar panels and water reclamation systems. Meanwhile, if you’re in the market to buy a house, you’re probably hearing about eco-friendly [...]
- Not Your Average Tree House - A home called the Treehouse Project is the result of a dream of village resident Merilee Marshall. “I named it the treehouse because I would rather live in a tree than anywhere else, and trees harvested from the property were used to build it.” The custom-built, 4,200-square-feet “green” house was designed and built with energy-saving [...]
- Think Green – 6 Energy-Saving Changes Add Value To Your Home, Money In Your Pocket - Seems the trend towards living a “greener” life is really gaining momentum. Some cities in California have enacted codes that all building upgrades must be done with an eye toward the future. Meaning greater energy-efficiency, more recycled materials, and less environmental impact. There are even tax incentives for homeowners who take the time to make [...]